Color Grading Potato Chips
Typically Potato crisps are graded in color from light to dark in five grades A, B, C, D and E.
Often checks are done by eye comparison to the above chart with values being recorded manually when standard laboratory checks are taken.
Why measure with Senware?
- The Senware color system is designed for Continuous Online Color Measurement.
- Color data is analyzed by software and displayed in a histogram showing the distribution of grades produced.
- Typically end of shift reports are produced , showing the distribution of color grades produced in that shift.
- Along with L,color chromatic coordinates a and b available.
- Solid state sensor, virtually maintenance free, sight window easy to clean.
The Senware color system typically reads color in the widely accepted L a b standard.
These results can be converted to 4 – 20 mA signals (or other analog outputs )for integration to plant PLC, but are typically displayed on Senware’s Grading software, with data logged straight to PC vavailable on the Local Area Network via Ethernet.